Breast Augmentation Scarring

Find The Best Plastic Surgeon Forums Breast Post Operative Breast Augmentation Scarring

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Cynthia Mc Lauren

Sharing my experience with breast augmentation scarring in case it helps others going through the same journey. I had my procedure six months ago, and managing the scars has been a significant part of my recovery. Initially, I was worried about how noticeable they would be, but I followed my surgeon’s advice diligently.

I used silicone gel sheets and scar cream religiously, which helped a lot with the healing process. The scars have faded significantly over time and are now barely noticeable. Of course, everyone’s healing process is different, but patience and consistent care really paid off for me.

For anyone considering breast augmentation, don’t hesitate to ask your surgeon about scar management options. They can provide personalized advice based on your skin type and the type of incisions used. Remember, the scars will continue to improve over time!”

#14406 Reply
    Alexandra

Scarring is a common concern for those considering breast augmentation, as it’s a natural part of the healing process. The location and visibility of scars largely depend on the surgical technique used and your body’s healing response. Typically, incisions are made in discreet areas, such as under the breast fold, around the areola, or in the armpit, to minimize visible scarring. Initially, scars will appear red or pink, but they usually fade over time, becoming less noticeable. Proper post-operative care, including keeping the area clean, avoiding sun exposure, and following your surgeon’s instructions, can help minimize scarring. While scars are permanent, most patients find them to be a small trade-off for the benefits of breast augmentation. If scarring is a significant concern, discussing options like scar-reducing treatments with your surgeon can provide additional reassurance.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Breast Augmentation Scarring
Your information:

🌟 Exciting News from The Med Chat! 🌟 🎁 We're thrilled to offer a special $250 gift card to all new clients who choose The Med Chat for finding their ideal plastic surgeon. 📅 This exclusive offer expires on 9/30/2024. Terms and conditions apply.
This is default text for notification bar